Herbs to have in your Emergency Bug-Out Bag
Disasters are happening around us all the time. Earthquakes, blizzards, hurricanes, and more seem to plague the earth. What's worse is that we have no control over these elements. The most we can do is be prepared.
While we shouldn't live in fear of being stuck in our homes for days in the event of a disaster, we should be prepared and aware of our surroundings.
A bug-out bag is a great place to start. A bug-out bag, or personal emergency relocation kit (PERK), is a portable kit that carries all the necessities one would need to survive for 72-hours in the event of evacuation. In the event of a natural disaster, home fire, or power outage, this bug-out bag should have everything you'll need if you are forced to leave your home.
A typical bug-out bag will carry the following:
- Water (both for drinking and hygiene)
- Non-perishable food
- Cooking supplies and other camping gear
- Tools for starting a fire
- Duct tape
- A first aid kit and medicine
Now, your first aid kit should include the basics, such as antiseptics Herbal Antiseptic, antihistamines, Immune Boost and Lungs Plus Formula, bandages and gauze. You should not forget about herbs to have in your first aid kit and bug-out bag. Here is a list of herbs you may want to include:
- For muscle aches and pains, make sure you include Arnica and Deep Heat Ointment. Arnica is a natural way to relieve soft tissue injuries. And don't forget CTR Oil to speed recovery.
- For stomach discomfort and pains, make sure to include Ginger and Digestion Aid Formula. Ginger will help with an upset stomach, motion sickness, and menstrual discomfort. Tummy Tea also helps to ease a discomforted stomach.
- To help relieve the sting and itch of bites and burns try Lavender essential oil and or Complete Tissue Repair Ointment. Lavender is anti-bacterial, for bug bites, and can also be used for anxiousness, feeling of tension in your head, and bronchial complaints. Slippery Elm Bark can also be used for burns and boils.
- Include Echinacea or Immune Boost Formula to support the immune system and to soothe aches.
- Kidney/Bladder Formula will help with urinary tract discomfort, as well as other bladder and kidney concerns.
- Herbal Tooth Powder, Herbal Ear Drops, and Herbal Eyewash Formula for irritations with the teeth, ears, and eyes respectively.
Being prepared with a bug-out kit and an herbal first aid kit will help ease your mind and put your worries to rest. Be prepared with these supplies and herbs in the event of an emergency at your home.